The UK hosting market has been taken by surprise after PEER 1 Hosting, the worldwide online IT hosting supplier, made public its enormous expansion in revenue, by 264%, since the company introduced its Southampton based European HQ offices in April 2009. By the end of April 2011, revenues have grown substantially standing at £6.6 million within just two years of starting the business.
PEER 1 has also planned on erecting a new modernized data center in Portsmouth in order to meet the ever increasing demands of its customers. The new building will make traditional hosting, managed hosting and co-location services available to its clients, all under a single roof. With more customers demanding hosting services, April 2011 was reported by PEER 1 to be one of its busiest months yet. Clients has begun to order more complex services from the company since it has introduced its 10Gbps fibre network, with a surge in demand for worldwide load balancing solutions, DDoS protection and database cluster based solutions.
“We made a promise when we launched in 2009 to deliver the best service in the industry to our customers. The quality of our people are at the heart of our success as these are the guys who sleep under desks when it snows, on-board customers in hours and our Technical Account Managers know what customers need before they even know themselves. The team at PEER 1 is making a difference to customers and that’s why businesses are turning to us in numbers,” stated Dominic Monkhouse, EMEA Managing Director at PEER 1 Hosting. “We expect to double our revenue next year and we’re closing in on the number two position to Rackspace, which is exactly where we want to be – giving customers a world-class alternative. The new data centre, we bring online in the Autumn, will propel us forward into the challenger position which we’re really looking forward to.”
PEER 1 Hosting has managed to bag many achievements in the United Kingdom during the last year including:
- Providing its web hosting clients with flexible, easy payment data storage facility with its scalable cloud storage powered by EMC® AtmosTM.
- Fresh channel programme all through EMEA; PEER 1 compensates its associates with nearly three to four times as compared to its rival firms with its new Evergreen scheme providing monthly returning payment of 10% for life.
- The initiation of PEER 1 Hosting’s first significant NVIDIA GPU Cloud hosting services for financial intermediaries, design, and oil & gas companies titled High Performance Computing (HPC).
- Providing small and large businesses with complete, enterprise level email access through Microsoft Hosted Exchange.
- Partaking in the VMware Service Provider Program (VSSP) to provide clients Private Cloud hosting solutions, thus, offering customers the access and perceptibility of their hosted VMware surroundings.
- A partnership with Adam Continuity, the BS25999 accredited and a renowned supplier of business continuity solutions, offering clients easy of accessibility up to four hours of solution recovery SLA if there are any data outages.
- A newly erected 58,000 square foot data centre located in Portsmouth with a modular POD design. This building is the first of five POD stages which will be made available to clients from August 2011.
- An IPv6 ready ‘dual stack’ network for all current PEER 1 clients
More about PEER 1 Hosting
PEER 1 Hosting is known worldwide as the foremost IT hosting providers. The company has been created to fulfill two passions: Ping and People. Ping characterizes the company’s pledge to offer the latest technology established under a high performance 10 GB SuperNetwork™ linked with 17 modernized data centers, 21 points-of presence and 10 collocation facilities across North America and Europe. People symbolizes PEER 1 Hosting’s promise to provide exceptional service to nearly 10,000 clients around the globe, supported by 100 percent up uptime security and 24x7x365 FirstCall Support™.